DC Adventures Actual Play Demo

In this episode, Jack Norris (Green Ronin Freelancer and contributor to DC Adventures) joins us along with artist James Dawsey and Dan Houser as we play a demo of DC Adventures to check out the new system

Listen Now:

Share | Embed | Download | Plays (Loading)

• Mike Lafferty

Hey guy, feel free to leave a comment. Feedback is appreciated

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:35 pm
  • h4h

Wouldn’t the OmegaBeams follow Captain Marvel as they have Dimensional 3?

Sep 10, 2010 at 10:42 pm
  • Marcos "Salsa" Bolton

Elizabeth Shue, Dick Chaney, Just last night Hal, is this guy playing JLU Flash? hehe Excellent game.

Not to mention WMD hitting the watchtower, holey moley, kaplow, and Black Adam’s lack of awesomeness made my night. :P

Sep 10, 2010 at 11:59 pm
  • James

Y’know, they probably would have if a sentient intelligence were guiding them. Considering I trimmed out a lot of stuff to try and make the podcast work as an under-two-hour piece, I never did get to reveal where the Omega Casket came from, or how exactly it works… which means I can use that for another adventure. :)

Well spotted, though!

Sep 11, 2010 at 12:08 am
  • h4h

Definitely the type of plot I would have enjoyed playing in. :)

You can only learn so much by reading so the Podcast actually really helped me get a feel for how the game is played FTF.

Thanks!

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:22 am
  • Jonathan Baldridge

That was a fun and awesome podcast but I’d like to point out a slight rules mistake you all made. When Captain Marvel was dazed by Black Adam he would be limited not to a single action but more specifically to a single STANDARD action. I’m just nitpicking though, lol. Great job and I can’t wait to hear more!

Sep 12, 2010 at 10:36 am
  • James

Actually, you can trade a Standard action in for a Move action and/or a free action under any circumstances, even when Dazed. See ‘Dazed’ from pages 17 to 18 in Chapter 1 of DC Adventures. :)

Sep 12, 2010 at 7:31 pm
  • Sam

Thank you so much for the play test! It was great to actually hear it being played as opposed to just reading it. Are you planning any more play test podcasts?

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:09 am
  • AdamBomb

When Black Adam tried to attack Hal Jordan and Martian Manhunter interposed. Black Adam took a move and a standarad action. When he should of been dazed. Allowing him only a single action that round. ;)

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:24 am
  • freeclint

Very helpful demo! I liked the higher PL scale, good to see it in action (and not too overwhelming!)

Thanks